CTA provides young performers workshops, audition training, summer camp and “Behind the Scenes” theater training days. These programs give each participant the opportunity to learn the basics of theatre, expand their imagination, develop voice, dance and performance techniques, and much more.
CTA provides a wide range of theatre arts education, including:
- Audition workshops, including the basics of how to audition and how to get noticed by the production team.
- Workshops with multiple sessions in both fall and winter sessions, held weekly over 8 to 12 weeks period focusing on development of the total performer and ending with a performance for family, friends, and the general public.
- Special master classes are presented periodically with highly regarded professionals in different areas of the theatre arts.
- “Behind the Scenes” training is presented to all production participants and walks them through all the aspects of the physical theate.
All training, workshops and camps are aimed to specific age and skill groups.
Registration is required for all workshops and students must be a CTA member to participate. To register, download and complete the Workshop Registration Form and mail it with the workshop fee to CTA, P.O. Box 1785, Annapolis, MD 21404.
Students are required wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or closed toe shoes (no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or skirts for the ladies.) Students are not allowed to bring cell phones, toys, games or other electronic devices. A telephone is available for emergency use.
All workshops are located at CTA’s new theater in Bay Head Park, 1661 Bay Head Road, Annapolis 21409. For more information email or call us at (410) 757-2281.
Inclement Weather Policy: Workshops follow the Anne Arundel County School closings. If schools are closed or afternoon and evening activities are cancelled, the workshop is cancelled for the day. You can email the instructor if you have questions or concerns.
Singing for the Stage
Do you love to sing and be on stage? Learn tips and tricks for presenting your best self at every performance!From choosing the right song to warm ups, stage presence, and vocal techniques, hone your skills to make the most of your talents and “wow” the audience every time! Please bring sheet music and music only CD or digital music for three songs that you like to sing to the first session. Performance the last night of each session at 7:30 p.m.
- Session One: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; August 5 – 9
- Session Two: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; August 12 – 16
Presented by CTA Alumni Rebecca Hollerbach (graduate of Temple University with a bachelor’s degree in Music, Vocal Performance) and Loghan Bazan (graduate of Carnegie Mellon University with a bachelor’s degree in Music, Vocal Performance)
- Session one: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. July 15th to the 19th, 2013
- Session two: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. July 29th to August 2nd, 2013
- Session three: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. August 12th to the 16th, 2013
Date: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. June 24th to the 28th, 2013
This week-long summer camp focuses on the three main components of musical theatre. Singing, dancing and acting! Your student will have a blast as they sing and dance to styles ranging from classic musical theatre ballads to funky hip-hop. Students will build confidence playing improv games, working on group acting scenes, and so much more! There will be a final performance for families and friends on CTA’s mainstage. The performance will take place on Friday during the last hour of camp. Don’t forget to send in a pre-washed t-shirt for your student to tie-dye and wear for the performance!
Wee Kid’s Cabaret Presented by Tiffany Shannon Productions
- Session one: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. July 22nd to the 26th, 2013
- Session two: 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. August 5th to the 9th, 2013
Do you have a little performer at home? We have the workshop for you! Students will meet others with similar interests and build social skills through singing, dancing and acting out our favorite stories. Students will gain insight on becoming a character and movement skills. There will be an exciting performance on the final day at 12:30 p.m.